You are the founder of a startup or you are employed and planning to go into business and probably the top question on your mind right now is why startups need coaching. I would like to use sports coaching to illustrate why coaching is beneficial.
A young man was a good runner in school, winning some races in inter-school competitions. He decides that he wants to pursue a career in professional sports, aiming to take his career to international levels, probably even winning some medals at the Olympics.
What chances would the young man have of winning at the Olympics if he worked all on his own and did not enlist the help of a competent coach? The choice of a coach is a critical factor in the success of sportsmen and women, their talents notwithstanding.
If you are venturing into business, a coach will work with you to set clear goals and come up with a road map to make those goals a reality. With a clear road map, you focus your efforts on the right activities and avoid wasting time on unproductive activities.
A coach helps you navigate through the teething problems of setting up a business in a confidential and non-judgmental environment. You can work through the issues affecting your business without fear. Your coach serves as your accountability partner.
Factors that contribute to high failure rate among startups
Many new businesses fail. A coach draws your attention to the factors that contribute to the high failure rate of new businesses and helps you to work through them. What are some of these factors?
- Wrong timing of the business idea
- Low confidence levels or lack of self-confidence
- Lack of focus
- Lack of skills required to build a business
- Wrong choice of business
- Poor selection of business partner(s) and staff/employees
- Inadequate preparation
- Poor marketing
- Giving up too soon
What is coaching?
Coaching is different from friendship, advice giving, training, counseling and even mentorship. Coaching is a formal, structured engagement with clear, predetermined schedules. The process is focused on clear objectives that can be evaluated, and is mainly focused on the future.
Coaching is hand holding or having an accountability partner while working to achieve specific goals.
Is this program for you?
Are you in employment and would like to start a side hustle to supplement your income? Are you a stay-at-home mom and seeking to set up a profitable business? Are you in the early stages of a business and would benefit from a coaching program that helps you to set it up right, avoiding the mistakes that are responsible for the high failure rate among new businesses?
One time offer
For those who have not already purchased the manual, this manual is being offered for a discounted rate of Kshs. 550/- only to participants of this testing program. The manual costs KShs. 1,000/- normally.
If you have started a business in the past and are ready to start a new venture, you will benefit from using a systematic, step by step process. This program is for you. It could save you some unnecessary struggles in your business building journey.
An overview of the 90-day coaching program
- Goal setting
- How to select the right business for you
- Preparing a business plan or road map for your business
- Financing your business
- Branding, marketing and sales
- How to build your self-confidence as a business owner
- Don’t make the mistake of quitting prematurely: Framework for evaluating your business
What do you expect to achieve by the end of this program?
- Clarity about your bigger purpose and what you want to achieve in life
- Clear 10-year goals
- Have a strong WHY for building a business
- Clarity about the right business for you, complete with a business plan that is specific to your chosen business
- Clarity about the mistakes that could sabotage your business and how to avoid them
- Confront and overcome the fears that hold you back
- Skills to enable you build a successful business
The offer was closed and the testing session is going on. The normal start a profitable business in 7 simple steps sessions are on going. Click on the link to book a coaching session.