Do you struggle with the burden of dependent family members?
Do you feel stuck because formal education is necessary for any meaningful employment and probably some of your dependents don’t have adequate formal education to enable them get absorbed into the job market? Taking a family member through the school system is a major cost, especially if you are struggling to stay afloat in challenging circumstances yourself.
Lack of cohesion in the family can be a major contribution to poverty. Some families that are stuck in the cycle of poverty have problems getting the right leadership. Some of them have a dysfunctional parent who is supposed to be the head. Some family members might have substance abuse problems.
In most cases there is no proper guidance about career. All they know is that they need a college education then they will get a job. If the resources to enable them pursue higher education are not available, they give up hope and settle for a life of chronic financial struggle. They lack guidance about ways they can use their own creativity, their desperate circumstances notwithstanding, to earn income.
* What resources do your dependents have that can used to earn income, with or without a job?
* Do they have hobbies that can be monetized or gifts and talents that can be transformed into streams of income?
Join us for the Free Couples’ Mentorship Forum.
Topics for discussion include:
1. Effective management of resources in your marriage (including human resource)
2. Teamwork in marriage
3. How to empower your dependents (including the extended family).
4. Goal setting (short-term, mid-term and long term goals)
5. Adequately prepare for retirement.
Who is this Forum for?
* Couples who are preparing for marriage
* Couples in the first 10 years of marriage
* People (either individuals or couples) who would like to adequately prepare for retirement
Saturday, 25th March 2016
Nairobi (Details about the venue to be communicated to those who confirm attendance).
This forum is free to attend. It is very limited sitting and on a first-come-first-served basis. We shall close as soon as we are full. Bring a notebook and a pen to take notes (A MUST). Very interactive session.
Susan Catherine Keter is a life coach, mentor, motivational speaker, freelancer and blogger.
To reserve your slot, go to http://www.susancatherineketer.com/
Click on ‘More’ ‘Contact’ and make your reservation.