Are you employed and need to supplement your income? Are you out of job? Be creative; create employment for yourself. There are many good opportunities that you can take advantage of. Identify a need in your market and make money as you meet that need. Here are 15 business ideas to get you started.
2. Motor Cycle Taxi (Boda Boda) Motor cycle taxis (boda boda) are very popular all over Kenya. Most people do not inject creativity into running this business so they end up facing a lot of competition which keeps their profits low.
6. Freelance Writing Most people have expertise in specific fields and with a little effort, they can produce content in those fields. It helps to have a good command of the English language and to also get some training in journalism or English.
7. Graphic Design This is another field that is in high demand. You do not have to be formally trained in graphic design, as long as you are hard working and creative.
10. Second Hand Clothes (Mutumba) Second hand clothes (mutumba) are very popular in Kenya and there is a wide market for this commodity. With the opportunity that the Internet provides, it is easier to grow this business if you combine both online and offline methods.
11. Soap and Detergent Making Soaps and detergents are normally manufactured by industries but this is one area where an individual can venture and prosper.
Do you have plans of venturing in business? Check out our business coaching program for startups.